Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help businesses make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or contact us to request hard copies.
- Commercial Service Guide
- What Belongs in the Garbage?
- What Belongs in the Recyclables?
- What Belongs in the Organics?
- Organics Program for Food Service Establishments
- What happens to your garbage?
- What happens to your recyclables?
- What happens to your organics?
- Commercial Recycling Guide
- Alphabetized list of what belongs in each container
- Bin sizes
- Debris box sizes
- Cart sizes
- Proper Sorting Flyer 2020 (Multi-Language)
- July 2020: Recycling is Mandatory, We Can Help! Improve or Start Your Recycling Program Today!
- May 2020: We Support Our Community, Steps you Can Take to Help us Stay Safe!
- April 2020: Avoid Wishcycling, Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!, Reduce and Reuse BEFORE you Recycle, Reduce Unwanted Paper.
- February 2020: Mandatory Recycling – We Can Help!
- November 2019: Mandatory Recycling Ordinance – Organics, Proper Sorting Makes A Difference!
- October 2019: Have You Visited Our Website? Holiday Service Schedule.
- June 2019: Avoid Wishcycling
- April 2019: Proper Sorting Makes A Difference! Recycling is Mandatory. We Can Help!
- February 2019: Plant Debris must be properly sorted/Recycling is Mandatory – We can help!
- November 2018: Service Tips and Holiday Service Schedule
- October 2018: What Belongs in the Blue and Green Carts & Bins? Have you Visited our Website Lately?
- September 2018: No More Single Use Plastic Bags in Alameda County, Alameda County’s Mandatory Recycling Ordinance
- May 2018: Please Keep the Recyclables Stream Clean! & Rate Increase Notice
- January 2018: Organics Recycling is Mandatory. Food Scraps Bins are available!
- November 2017: The Alameda Reusable Bag Ordinance is Expanding
- Prevent Mess and Unwanted Visitors & Organics Recycling Ordinance
- Summer 2016: Mandatory Organics Recycling Ordinance & Food Scraps Bins Available
- Spring 2016: New Requirement to Sort Food Waste from Garbage!
- Winter 2016: Proper sorting matters!
- Summer 2015: Recycling is Mandatory, Assistance is Available!
- Spring 2015: Composting & Recycling Are Required– We can help!
- February 2015: Composting & Recycling Are Required!
- What Belongs in the Blue Bin?
- Polystyrene Foam Food Service Ware Ban
StopWaste.Org works with the City of San Leandro and all other cities within Alameda County to provide updated recycling, reuse and purchasing outreach materials and programs. Select materials are listed among the Helpful Links below. To see all available materials and order hard copies, visit www.StopWaste.Org.
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Offices
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Retail Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Food-Service Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Manufacturers
Resources for Businesses and Multi-Family Properties
Usable Food Donation
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Cal Recycle
- Re:source – Alameda County’s Online Guide for Reuse, Repair, and Recycling
- City of San Leandro
- Recycling Rules Alameda County
- Reusable Transport Packaging Saves Your Company Money & Resources
- Reusables 101: Reusable Transport Packaging
Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
Donation / Reuse
Hazardous Waste / Electronic Waste