Household Hazardous Waste
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE does not belong in any ACI container. Please dispose of hazardous waste properly. All items listed below are accepted at Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste Facilities. For locations, hours and more information, please visit www.cvsan.org/HHW, www.StopWaste.org/hhw, or call: 800-606-6606
- Paint – additives, latex paint, oil paint, shellac, solvents, stain, thinners
- Adhesives – caulk, cement, epoxy, mortar, putty, stucco, wood glue
- Drugs – old, expired, or unneeded prescription and non-prescription drugs
- Sharps – in approved containers
- E-Waste – computers, printers, radios, TVs, other consumer electronic devices with circuit boards.
- Auto – additives, antifreeze, batteries, fuel, motor oil, oil filters, waxes
- Garden – ant traps, fertilizers, gopher bait, herbicides, pesticides, rat poison, sprays
- Fluorescent & LED bulbs
- Misc./Other – acids & caustics, bleach & cleaners, pool & photo chemicals
- Household Batteries – Can also be collected through the ACI residential curbside program. Place AAA, AA, B, C, D, 9V, and small “button” batteries in a sealed heavy-duty plastic bag on top of your blue recycling cart. Liquid batteries such as automobile batteries and lithium-ion batteries are not accepted.
Sharps and Unwanted Medications Drop Off
For additional pharmaceutical drop-off locations and information on sharps mail-back programs click here.
Recycles Day Events
Every April and August, CVSan hosts Recycles Day events to collect various items including Household Hazardous Waste and Ewaste. Click here for a chart and more information.