What Belongs in the Organics?
- fruits & vegetables (including peels, pits & rinds)
- bread, pasta & other grains
- dairy products
- egg shells
- coffee grounds & tea leaves
- meat & bones
- plates & cups
- napkins & towels
- coffee filters & tea bags
- bags (used to contain/wrap food scraps)
- takeout containers
- newspaper (used to wrap food scraps or line cart)
- pizza boxes
- waxed paper & wax-coated boxes
- wooden chopsticks
- compostable fiber-based products (not plastic-lined). For more information, click here.
- grass clippings
- small branches less than 6” in diameter
No Glass, Metal, Styrofoam or Plastic
No Aseptic Boxes (Juice, Soup & Soy Milk)
No Dirt, Rock, Concrete, Brick or Treated Wood
No Liquid Fat, Oil or Grease
No Pet Litter or Feces
No Palm Fronds
NO PAINT, BATTERIES, FLUORESCENT BULBS, POISON, OR OTHER HAZARDOUS WASTE HAZARDOUS WASTE is not accepted in any Alameda County Industries collection carts or bins. For information on disposal locations, please call the Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste team at 1-800-606-6606.
For a PDF of this page click here.