Publications & Resources
Guides and Posters
The following outreach materials were designed to help residential customers make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or order hard copies. Contact us to request hard copies.
- The Residential Recycling Guide
- The On-Call Clean Up Guide
- What Belongs in the Garbage?
- What Belongs in the Recyclables?
- What Belongs in the Organics?
- What happens to my Garbage?
- What happens to my Recyclables?
- What happens to my Organics?
- Reduce & Reuse, Before you Recycle!
- Food Scraps Program Tips
- Alpha listing of items that belong in each cart
- Garbage cart sizes/dimensions
- JANUARY – MARCH 2021: Pledge to “Buy Green”, Recycle Used Oil and Filters Responsibility, No Sharps, Holiday Service Schedule, Help us Provide Safe and Efficient Service, Care for Your Carts, and Minimize Water Pollution.
- OCTOBER 2020: Prevent Food Waste, Holiday Tree Collection, Reduce, Reuse, & Recycle with Green Gifts, Properly Dispose of “FOG”, and Holiday Service Schedule.
- JULY – SEPT 2020: Keep the Recyclables Stream Clean, Reduce Waste by Stopping Unwanted Mail, Holiday Service Schedule, Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste, Safe and Efficient Service Tips, Summer Event Schedule, City of Alameda Virtual Recreation Center.
- APRIL – JUNE 2020 – Reduce, Reuse and Recycle BEFORE you Dispose, Ready, Set, Recycle!, Keep Recyclables out of the Landfill, ACI’s On-Call Clean Up Program, Reuse Resources on the Web, Holiday Service Schedule, Events Announcement, COVID-19 Announcement.
- JAN – MARCH 2020 – Help us Provide Safe and Efficient Service-Collection Day Reminders, Minimize Water Pollution, Maintain Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide Alarms, Proper Disposal of Ash, Don’t SpOIL Alameda, No Sharps Please, Holiday Service Schedule.
- Volume 17 number 4/OCT – DEC 2019- Manage Food Before it Becomes Waste, Reduce, Reuse and Recycle with Green Gifts, Food Waste Prevention Resources, Holiday Tree Collection, Manage FOG Properly, Holiday Service Schedule.
- Volume 17 number 3/JULY-SEPT 2019: Help us Provide Efficient Service, Proper Disposal of Batteries and Sharps, Holiday Service Schedule, Avoid Wishcycling, Reduce Unwanted Mail and Calendar of Events.
- Volume 17 Number 2: Buying Green, Proper Sorting, Read…Set…Recycle!, On-Call Clean Up Program, Reuse Resources, Make a Compostable Liner for Your Kitchen Pail and Holiday Service Schedule.
- Volume 17 Number 1 – Checklists for the New Year, Holiday Service Schedule, Curbside Collection fo Used Oil and Filters, A Words About Sharps, Minimize Water Pollution, Can Your Ash!, Caring for Your Carts.
StopWaste.Org works with the City of Alameda and all other cities within Alameda County to provide updated recycling, reuse and purchasing outreach materials and programs. Select materials are listed among the Helpful Links below. To see all available materials and order hard copies, visit www.StopWaste.Org.
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Housing Safety Program
Donation / Reuse
- Re:source – Alameda County’s Online Guide for Reuse, Repair, and Recycling
- Clothing & Household Items: Salvation Army & East Bay Goodwill
- Miscellaneous Items
- White Elephant Sale
- List of organizations in Alameda County that may accept food donations
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
Earth Day Everyday