Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help businesses make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or contact us to request hard copies. Contact us to order hard copies.
- Commercial Service Guide
- What Belongs in the Garbage?
- What Belongs in the Recyclables?
- What Belongs in the Organics?
- Organics Program for Food Service Establishments
- What happens to my Garbage?
- What happens to my Recyclables?
- What happens to my Organics?
- Alpha listing of items that belong in each cart
- For bin sizes, click here
- For debris box sizes, click here
- For cart sizes, click here
2020 Billing Inserts
- May 2020: We Support our Community, Steps you Can Take to Help us Stay Safe!
- February 2020: Recycling is Mandatory – We Can Help!
2019 Billing Inserts
- November 2019: Mandatory Recycling Ordinance – Organics, Proper Sorting Makes A Difference!
- October 2019: Holiday Service Schedule & Have You Visited Our Website?
- April 2019: Proper Sorting Makes A Difference! Recycling is Mandatory. We can Help!
- February 2019: Plant Debris must be properly sorted/Recycling is Mandatory – We can help!
- March 2020: Go Reusable – Save Money and the Environment, Recycling is Mandatory – We Can Help!, Avoid Wishcycling, Bags to Bins Poster Tool, Waste Reduction Grant Opportunity, Dispose of Hazardous Waste Responsibly, Holiday Service Schedule.
- December 2019: Be Green This Holiday Season, Food Scraps and Food-Soiled Paper Belong in the Green, Real Holiday Trees are a Renewable Resource, Holiday Service Schedule, Mandatory Recycling.
- September 2019: Reuse and Reduce at Your Business!, Holiday Service Reminder, Are Reusables Right For Your Business?, Service Tips, Recycle Right!, Recycling and Composting is Required – We Can Help!
- June 2019: Join the Foodware Revolution!, ReThink Disposable Technical Assistance, Web Resources for Recycling and Waste Prevention, Mandatory Composting, Holiday Service Schedule and Calendar of Events
- March 2019: Tips for Program Success, Recycling is Mandatory-We Can Help!, StopWaste Grant Programs, Holiday Service Schedule, Properly Dispose of Hazardous Waste.
StopWaste.Org works with the City of Alameda and all other cities within Alameda County to provide updated recycling, reuse and purchasing outreach materials and programs. Select materials are listed among the Helpful Links below. To see all available materials and order hard copies, visit www.StopWaste.Org.
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Offices
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Retail Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Food-Service Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Manufacturers
Resources for Businesses and Multi-Family Properties
Usable Food Donation
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
Donation / Reuse
Hazardous Waste / Electronic Waste
- Businesses and Institutions
- Construction and Renovation
- Food Service (mid to high volume)
- Landscape Design & Construction