Household Hazardous & E-Waste Program Info
Household Hazardous Waste Has Its Place… And it’s not inside any ACI collection bin.
Hazardous waste can’t be thrown out with the garbage, recycling or organics. Before tossing it out, check the label. If it’s marked Danger, Warning, Poisonous, Toxic, or Flammable, it’s hazardous and requires special handling.
Many hazardous items can be taken to Alameda County’s local household hazardous waste collection facility. Take advantage of this free drop-off program! Visit www.StopWaste.Org/hhw for location, hours and more detailed information.
StopWaste accepts the following Hazardous items:
- Household & automotive batteries
- Pool & Photo chemicals
- Toxic cleaning products
- Mercury-containing items (thermometers & fluorescent lamps for example)
- Medications (click here for additional information and safe disposal sites)
- Sharps/Needles (must be properly contained)
Please review the handling instructions below:
- Household batteries may be dropped off at ACI’s office. Refer to our contact page for location and hours.