What Belongs in the Recyclables?
- aseptic boxes (juice, soup & soy milk)
- dairy cartons
- catalogs, magazines & phone books
- corrugated cardboard & paper boxes (large or multiple pieces should be flattened and/or cut)
- junk mail
- newspaper (including inserts)
- shredded paper (contained in a paper bag or box)
GLASS BOTTLES & JARS
- please remove lids and caps and recycle
ALUMINUM & METAL
- aerosol cans (empty)
- food & beverage cans
- paint cans (empty & dry only)
- pots & pans
- scrap pieces (up to 30 pounds per item)
PLASTICS LABELED 1 – 7
- bottles & jars
- tubs & trays
No plastic bags
No film plastic
No pressurized tanks
NO PAINT, BATTERIES, FLUORESCENT BULBS, POISON, OR OTHER HAZARDOUS WASTE HAZARDOUS WASTE is not accepted in any Alameda County Industries collection carts or bins. For information on disposal locations, please call the Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste team at 1-800-606-6606.
For a PDF of this page click here.